A small seaside town located on the International Quoddy Loop, Lubec is home to the West Quoddy Lighthouse. Built in 1808, replicated in 1858 and automated in 1988, this candy-striped lighthouse protects seafarers from the rocky shores of West Quoddy Head, including Sail Rock — the eastern-most bit of land in the United States. For outdoor enthusiasts, there are great hiking trails to be found and whales are often seen in the Grand Manan Channel of the Bay of Fundy.
Industries: Fishing, Blueberry farming, Wreath making
- Named after the German town of Lubeck
- Connected to Campobello Island, New Brunswick Canada by Franklin D. Roosevelt Memorial Bridge